Vegan and Gluten Free Pancakes
These amazing buckwheat pancakes by Rachel Hurd-Wood are easy to make and delicious. Not to mention, they are the perfect weekend breakfast treat for those of us who’re taking the challenge for Veganuary.
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp apple purée
- 1 flax egg (from flaxseed)
- 300ml plant based milk
- Coconut or vegetable oil, for cooking
- Prepare your flax egg by adding 1tbsp ground flax to 3tbsp water. Allow to set in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Sift the flour and baking powder
- Mix the flax egg with apple purée, then stir in the milk
- Add the flour to this mix and stir until smooth and blended
- Melt 1tsp (approx) coconut oil in the frying pan over a medium-high heat, add in a dollop of pancake mix
- Cook 2-4 mins each side
- Serve with your favourite nut butter, chocolate spread and/or fruit!