Divine Chocolate’s Chocolate Mousse Tart
Divine Chocolate produce delicious and Fairtrade chocolate that is made with natural ingredients. It is also co-owned by the farmers that grow their cocoa meaning they live much more sustainably and fairly.
Check out the recipe for Divine Chocolate’s delicious and vegan chocolate mousse tart!
Makes 1 x 20cm tart, serves 10-12
- 200g (1 heaped cup pitted) dates
- 150g (1 ¼ cup) pecans
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 50g Dark Orange and Ginger Chocolate, melted
- 1 orange, sliced
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes and then drain. Line a loose-bottomed tin with parchment paper or grease it thoroughly with coconut oil.
- Add the dates to the food processor and blend until sticky. Now add the pecans and blend until a thick paste is formed. Add the cacao and salt and whizz to combine. The mix will stick together when squeezed between your fingers.
- Pour the base into the tin and press down firmly to cover the base and sides of the tin evenly. Press firmly and then place in the fridge while you prepare the topping.
- To make the filling, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie until smooth. Add to a food processor with the tofu and the milk and whizz until the mix is totally smooth. You will need to scrape down the sides and keep going until it is super creamy.
- Remove the crust from the fridge and pour over the filling to evenly fill the tart and smooth over the top. Place back in the fridge to set for 2-4 hours (minimum).
- When set, decorate with melted chocolate and orange slices. Allow the chocolate to cool and then slice to serve.