Go Banana’s For . . . Cake!
Whether you’re bloated on bananas or you’ve simply bought too many; there’s only hours left of Fairtrade Fortnight’s Go Bananas campaign!
So here’s another way to get peeling and get eating to help set the Fairtrade banana-eating record attempt.
Try this simple recipe to make your very own scrummy Banana Cake . . .
- Take 3 medium bananas (Fairtrade, of course!) and mash up; add lemon juice to prevent browness
- Combine 150g soft butter and 150g soft brown sugar (Demerara) and mix well
- Add an egg and 150g of self raising flour to the sugar butter mixture and beat then repeat and add another egg and 150g of self raising flour
- Then add 80g of walnuts or sultanas (or both!) roughly chopped and stir through
- To finish add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to keep the cake moist and stir through
- Line a loaf tin with grease proof paper and add the wet mixture
- Place in a preheated oven on 190c for 40 – 50 minutes depending on how temperamental the oven is then take out of the oven and leave in the tin on a rack to cool down for 20 minutes.
Try it over the weekend and let us know how you get on, or if you’ve any other suggestions on how to use up those bananas before they’re past their best drop us a comment below. . .