Zaytoun Palestinian Recipes: Maftoul salad
(See more Zaytoun Palestinian Recipes)
A delicious recipe shared by the team from Canaan Palestine
Light, fluffy, and delicious! This delectable salad recipe is highly nutritious and ideal as a healthy vegetarian lunch, a starter, or accompaniment to a meat or vegetable main dish. Can be served warm or cold.
Maftoul salad – Serves 4 as a side dish
• 200g Zaytoun maftoul
• 5 tbsp Zaytoun olive oil
• 75g raisins
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 small bunch spring onions, sliced thinly
• 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
• 1 fresh chilli pepper, sliced thinly
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
• 1 tsp Zaytoun za’atar
1. Add 1 tbsp salt to 1 litre of water and bring to the boil.
2. Toast maftoul in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 4 minutes on medium-high heat.
3. Add toasted maftoul to the boiling water and let it simmer for 12 minutes. 4. At the same time add 250ml hot water to the raisins and simmer in a pot for 10 minutes. Allow to cool then drain.
5. Sauté onions in 1 tbsp of olive oil, and set aside to cool.
6. In a large bowl, combine the maftoul, raisins, both kinds of onions, parsley, chilli, za’atar, lemon juice, and 2 tbsp olive oil and mix, seasoning with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.