Zaytoun Palestinian Recipes
Zaytoun was founded in 2004 to support the resilience and livelihoods of Palestinian farmers under occupation through fairly trading their olive oil.
They have grown throughout the years and now offer a wide range of Palestinian artisan foods and supported Palestinian farmers to pioneer the world’s first Fairtrade certified olive oil in 2009, sold through the UK market.
Their products which includes olive oil, freekeh, maftoul, medjool dates and almonds can all be used to create delicious plates of food that have a true taste of Palestine. We have listed some of our favourite recipes using Zaytoun’s products below!
- A Palestinian Breakfast
- Saffron, Date and Almond Rice
- Almond and Citrus Olive Oil Cake
- Festive Freekeh Stuffing
- Roast Parsnip and Carrot Salad with Freekeh and Yoghurt Dressing
- Freekeh and Leek Pilaf with Toasted Almonds
- Lentil and Aubergine Stew with Pomegranate Molasses
- Maftoul and Apple Salad
- Maftoul with Squash, Sultanas and Pumpkin Seeds
- Maftoul salad
- Maftoul Mujaddara