Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
It’s probably safe to say that chocolate cake is the best kind of cake (ok, maybe it’s a close second to red velvet cake). Now, what a better way to finish off your weekend than with a homemade vegan chocolate cake?! Check out the simple recipe below and you’ll be in cake heaven in no time.
For the Chocolate Frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 9in cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together. Once combined mix in the wet ingredients, continue until the batter has no lumps.
3. Pour mixture into cake tin and bake in the centre of the oven for about 40 minutes, until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
4. Allow to cool slightly, remove from the tine, remove baking parchment and allow to cool on a wire rack.
1. Mix together the sugar, cornflour, salt and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the soya milk.
2. Heat over a medium heat and until it gets thick and starts to boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the oil and vanilla.
3. Leave to cool before spreading over the cooled cake.
Let us know how your vegan chocolate cake turns out in the comments below!