Coconut, Baobab and Ginger Waffle Recipe
Who doesn’t love waffles? They’re great for both breakfast and dessert, they’re versatile too with a wild array of possible flavours and toppings, and just what do you go for? You’re spoilt for choice!
The waffle recipe we have for you here today uses Aduna’s Baobab powder as a rising agent, to make your waffles super fluffy, it also gives them a slight sweetness from the citrus. This waffle recipe should serve one, and makes one to two waffles, but this really depends on your waffle maker.
You Will Need:
- Aduna Baobab Superfruit Powder – 1tbsp
- Maple Syrup – 1 to 2 tsp
- Almond Milk – 80ml
- Coconut Flour – 2 heaped tbsp
- Coconut Oil – for greasing – 1tsp
- One Egg (or you could use VeganEgg!)
- Two Egg Whites
- Baking Powder – 1tsp
- Ground Ginger – 1tsp
How To Make Your Waffles:
- Step One: Pre-heat your waffle maker and make sure it’s greased well with coconut oil.
- Step Two: Crack your egg in a medium sized bowl or mixer, and then add the two egg whites. Beat them all together.
- Step Three: Add almond milk and maple syrup to the bowl or mixer, beat again.
- Step Four: Now get a separate smaller bowl and mix together the coconut flour, ginger, baobab and baking powder (the dry ingredients).
- Step Five: Put the dry mixture into the same bowl as the egg mixture and beat together, keep beating the mixture until the coconut flour has been fully absorbed into the wet mixture. You will know when this happens because the mixture will not contain any lumps.
- Step Six: Pour the batter you’ve just finished beating into the waffle maker with care, make sure it doesn’t overflow.
- Step Seven: Gently put the lid down and cook until you see the edges starting to turn golden brown (this may take approximately two or three minutes, it depends on your waffle maker).
- Step Eight: Remove the cooked waffles, add your toppings and enjoy!
- Yogurt (greek, soy, natural, coconut, etc)
- More Maple Syrup
- Fresh Berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc)
- Nut Butter
- Ice Cream
- Anything else you fancy!
Give this mouth-watering recipe a go, let us know how it went and what topping combo you went for!
Original recipe and image via Aduna.