Introducing PHB Ethical Beauty
Here at Ethical Superstore we are always striving to bring you the products we know will make you feel good, either because they are good for you or good for the planet – even better when it’s both! One of our newest beauty brands – PHB Ethical Beauty – create just those kinds of products you will feel good about!
PHB Ethical Beauty is home to the world’s largest range of natural, vegan, cruelty free and halal certified beauty products. The range includes skin care, body care, hair care and natural remedies for sensitive skin, ezcema and acne, all handmade in the UK and never tested on animals.
PHB stands for Pure.Handmade.British, and the company was founded by Rosie Brown who believes everyone should enjoy ethical, conscious and effective beauty products. Being aware of harmful ingredients that are commonly found in cosmetics and skin care products, Rose decided to develop a range of products inspired by nature and designed to care for you and the planet.
The beauty products made by PHB Ethical Beauty are always organic, ethically sourced and kind to your skin. Your skin absorbs around 60% of what you put on it, which means if your skin & body care products contain potentially harsh chemicals like parabens, they will end up IN your skin. PHB Beauty will only use naturally derived products that are safe for you to use and are proven to be effective.
PHB Ethical Beauty products never contain:
- Animal Ingredients
- Palm Oil
- Synthetic Fragrance/Parfum
Mica has recently made the headlines as it has been revealed the ingredient tends to be unethically mined, in dangerous conditions and sometimes by children. PHB Ethical Beauty are happy to say the mica used in their make up products are ethically mined in India, where the owners help to fund schools and daycare centres in order to improve the quality of life for their employees.
Since April 2015, PHB Ethical Beauty has been donating 20% of net profit to charities that help to improve the lives of people and animals in the UK and around the world. Eventually they would like to become a not-for-profit organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives and are in the process of starting their own charity – The OneLove Foundation.
They currently support the following Charities:
- Orbis/Vision for Zambia, an international charity that works to prevent and treat avoidable blindness. In 2011 they established Zambia’s first children’s eye care centre in Kitwe.
- Sense, a national charity that supports and campaigns for children and adults who are deaf-blind or have sensory impairments.
- Local Food Banks including Birmingham Central Food Bank, Ladywood Food Bank and the The Central Mosque Foodbank. They donate unused items for their kitchen cupboards along with extra items they buy during a weekly shop.
- Sifa Fireside and Birmingham Homeless Outreach, two charities who provide help and support for the homeless in Birmingham. This can be through providing daily meals and hot showers, free health care services, support and advice.
Because they care about the environment too, PHB Ethical Beauty uses eco-friendly packaging from post-consumer recycled sources. What’s more, most of their packaging can be recycled once you’ve finished with the products, including the aluminium lids and bottles, PET bottles and glass jars.