Ethical Superstore Policies and Conditions of Use
Updated 29th May 2018
Welcome to Ethicalsuperstore.com's Online Shop at www.EthicalSuperstore.com (the 'Site'). This Site and its supporting operation is managed by Spark Etail Ltd (registered U.K. number 7551349). Please read the following policies carefully before using the Site. By using the Site, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
In these policies, the following definitions apply:
"Ethicalsuperstore.com" (also referred to as ‘we' and ‘us') means Spark Etail Ltd, registered in England & Wales No. 7551349 whose registered office is at Follingsby Avenue, Follingbsy Park, Gateshead, NE10 8HQ, United Kingdom.
“Site” means Ethicalsuperstore.com's online shopping website at www.ethicalsuperstore.com
"Shop" means Ethicalsuperstore.com's Online Shop for online ordering of merchandise located at www.Ethicalsuperstore.com .
These are the general terms and conditions of Ethicalsuperstore.com governing your use of the Site.
1. What you are allowed to do
1.1 purchase goods from the Shop, provided you accept the Terms of Sale, which will apply to any contract made between you and Ethicalsuperstore.com for the purchase and sale of goods from the Shop. These terms are outlined in Section 2 below;
1.2 browse the Shop using a compatible web browser. Permission to browse the Shop includes permission to make transient or cached copies of parts of the Shop to the extent that this occurs in the normal course of using your browser and that these copies are used only to facilitate current or subsequent access to the Shop by you;
1.3 print a copy of any page of the Shop; for your own personal purposes, provided you do not do any of the things set out under "What you are not allowed to do".
2. What you are not allowed to do
2.1 you may not remove or change anything on the Shop;
2.2 you are not allowed to copy or use any material from the Shop for any commercial purpose, unless permission has been indicated on the Site in connection with a Creative Commons License.
2.3 you are not allowed to remove or change any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights notices contained in the original material or from any material copied or printed off from the Shop.
3. Your personal information
4. Usernames and Passwords
4.1 If you want to purchase something from the Shop, we will ask you to register an account with us. During registration, you will be asked to provide your email address and password, which you can use to make a purchase;
4.3 In the event of any failure or error in the operation of a password(s), you shall cease using the password(s) and exit the Shop immediately, and notify Ethicalsuperstore.com of such failure or error.
5.1 All intellectual property rights in any material (including text, photographs and other images and sound, downloads, software, trade marks and logos) contained in these Site is either owned by Ethicalsuperstore.com or has been licensed to Ethicalsuperstore.com by the rights owner(s) so that Ethicalsuperstore.com can use this material as part of the Shop. These rights are protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws. You are only allowed to use this Shop and the material they contain as set out in these terms.
5.2 Certain parts of this Site and certain works sold through the Shop are made available under Creative Commons license(s) www.creativecommons.org. Ethicalsuperstore.com's related policies are outlined in section 4 - Creative Commons Licensing Policies.
6. Third party web sites
6.1 This Shop also contains links to other third party web sites, which are not under the control of and are not maintained by Ethicalsuperstore.com. Any such links do not constitute an endorsement by Ethicalsuperstore.com of any products or services available on such sites. Ethicalsuperstore.com provides these links for your convenience only and you use such links entirely at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for the content or use of such sites or information contained in them.
7. Suspension and termination of accounts
7.1 Ethicalsuperstore.com may suspend the operation of the Site for repair or maintenance work or in order to update or upgrade the contents or functionality of the Shop from time to time. Access to or use of the Shop or pages linked to it will be not necessarily be uninterrupted or error free;
8. Enquiries or complaints 8.1 If you have any enquiries or complaints about the Site then please address them to:
Email: email@example.com .
9. General and governing law
9.2 This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Ethicalsuperstore.com and you and supersedes all prior agreements, representations, statements and understandings between Ethicalsuperstore.com and you regarding the use of the Site. You agree that you have not relied upon any representation or statement not recorded in these Conditions in entering into this Agreement.
9.3 The failure of Ethicalsuperstore.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement or the delay by Ethicalsuperstore.com in so doing shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
9.4 These terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law, and you consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising therefrom.
10 Reward Points terms and conditions
10.1 Reward Points are not transferable, and can only be used by the person who is registered on the linked Ethicalsuperstore.com account.
10.2 Members may be removed from the scheme at any time at the discretion of Spark Etail Ltd.
10.3 Reward Points can only be used at Ethicalsuperstore.com.
10.4 Reward points and vouchers cannot be transferred, sold or in any way traded.
10.5 To collect points for online transactions, you must be logged into your account with Ethicalsuperstore.com.
10.6 You must also spend at least £1 in a single transaction for the transaction to qualify for Reward Points. Then 5 Reward points will be awarded for every £1 that is spent. For every product review you submit, you will earn 10 Reward points. This can be altered at the discretion of Spark Etail Ltd. Spark Etail Ltd shall be entitled to set a limit on the number of points which may be awarded to each Reward Points account in respect of special promotional items on which additional points are awarded. Spark Etail Ltd shall be entitled at any time to cancel points awarded if the relevant products to which such award relates are returned or cancelled for any reason and a refund of the purchase price is given or if the relevant products are exchanged for other products, unless such exchange is for products with an equivalent points value. Where the relevant products are exchanged for products of a lower points value Spark Etail Ltd shall be entitled to cancel the balance of points between those originally collected and those collected in respect of the replacement products. 30 days after a transaction Reward Points will qualify for reward vouchers.
10.7 The current redemption value of points is one point equals ½ penny. Spark Etail Ltd reserves the right to vary the rate at any time.
10.8 Where points can be collected with our partners other terms and conditions may apply. Please check with our partners for further details.
10.9 Rewards, in the form of Reward Points vouchers, will be emailed with a Statement to the customers who have accumulated a combined total of at least 100 points by the end of each collecting period.
10.10 Collecting periods may vary.
10.11 The level of reward given by Ethicalsuperstore.com will be based on the number of points that a member has collected on Ethicalsuperstore.com products by the end of the last day of a collecting period. Reward Points a member has collected on Ethicalsuperstore.com products that fall between the level of reward and the next level will be 'carried over' as the starting balance(s) for the next collecting period. The current levels are multiples of 50 points. Spark Etail Ltd reserves the right to vary the rate at any time.
10.12 Members who do not reach the minimum number of points needed to qualify for a reward by the end of the collecting period will have their points total 'carried over' to the next collecting period.
10.13 Ethicalsuperstore.com vouchers' terms and conditions may be found in the email accompanying the vouchers.
10.14 The purchase of Gift Vouchers is excluded from transactions paid for using Reward Points vouchers.
10.15 No reward points will be awarded for Gift Voucher purchases.
- If you purchase an item from us that is flagged as Best Price Guarantee and the item was available to be delivered at a cheaper, directly comparable price, we will refund the difference in Reward Point Vouchers.
- To make a claim please send us:
- Copy of your Ethical Superstore invoice showing the item(s) you are making a claim over
- Copy of the comparable delivered offer from the competitors website by post or mail using the details on the contact us page.
- A comparable deal will be deemed as a minimum to be:
- Made by an online store
- For national delivery to a UK postcode
- Offered by a UK VAT Registered company with VAT number clearly displayed on website
- Be available for a week or more
- Be available for the same number of items as you bought from us
- All claims will be verified by Ethical Superstore and our decision is relation to whether an offer is comparable or not will be final.
- All claims must be made by post or by email.
- Claims must be made within 7 days of purchase or delivery.
- Competitor promotions which make it difficult for us to compare fairly are excluded from the Best Price Guarantee. For example free gifts, flash sales, linked buys, BOGOFs etc
- Items that customers have returned will be excluded from the Best Price Guarantee and Ethical Superstore reserves the right to invalidate the invoice for the purposes of the Best Price Guarantee.
- If an item on a order is returned, the return of that item invalidates the corresponding voucher for the purposes of the Best Price Guarantee.
- All Vouchers must be used within 28 days of being issued.
- The number of claims is limited to 3 per calendar month per household and the total amount that can be claimed is limited to £100 per calendar year per household.
- We may withdraw or suspend the Best Price Guarantee, (or any part of it), at any time without notice.
- We may withhold or refuse payment and/ or withdraw or suspend the Best Price Guarantee (or any part of it) at any time without notice where we suspect fraud, or where vouchers have been incorrectly calculated.
- Please be aware we do not have control over third-party websites listing promo codes or voucher codes so we cannot guarantee their validity. To receive regular offers, news and promotions please sign up to our newsletter or by visiting our Ethical Superstore voucher codes page
- Ethical Superstore operates a fair use policy. Accordingly if you've bought the same item multiple times, we'll only count a maximum of 10 instances of each item in any one comparison.
- We can change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Any changes will be posted on this page.
II. Terms of Sale: Shop Top Λ
1. The Sales Terms
Should you purchase any goods from the Shop, you will be contracting with Ethicalsuperstore.com on the terms outlined below. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
1.1 These Terms of Sale ("Sales Terms") govern the supply of any goods you order via this Shop. Please read through the Sales Terms carefully. If you do not agree with the Sales Terms, do not order any goods from this Shop. If Ethicalsuperstore.com accepts any order for goods from you, then its agreement with you will be made on these Sales Terms.
1.2 Please note that Ethicalsuperstore.com reserves the right to amend the Sales Terms from time to time. Ethicalsuperstore.com will publish the amended Sales Terms on the Shop and any new versions of the Sales Terms will come into effect as soon as Ethicalsuperstore.com publish them on the Shop (with the exception that any orders that Ethicalsuperstore.com have already accepted from you prior to any such change will be subject to the Sales Terms in force at that point). If you use the Shop after Ethicalsuperstore.com has published the new Terms, your continued use of the Shop indicates that you agree to be bound by the new Sales Terms.
2. Availability of the goods supplied by the Shop
2.1 Ethicalsuperstore.com may terminate or suspend the supply of any goods displayed on the Shop in the event of out of stocks, for support or maintenance work, in order to update content or for any other reason. Ethicalsuperstore.com may do this at any time and without notice. Products on the Shop are normally available for despatch within 24 hours and for products with slower availability, an estimated shipment preparation time is provided in the associated product listings on the Shop.
3. Buying goods from this Shop
3.1 Pricing policy - Ethicalsuperstore.com may change the prices of the goods displayed on the Shop at any time. The prices for all the goods available on the Shop are clearly marked in their description and all items are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. The VAT inclusive amount is included in the total price published on the site. We reserve the right to raise our prices in line with any increase in the prevailing rate of VAT. This will be shown clearly on your order. All applicable delivery charges are also displayed on the Shop. All prices are in Pounds Sterling. Ethicalsuperstore.com may make available offers and discounts using promotion codes. Only one promotion code is valid per order.
3.2 Conclusion of Contract of Sale -The information relating to Ethicalsuperstore.com's goods and relevant prices are displayed on the Shop for your information and to enable you decide whether you would like to make us an offer to purchase any such goods. When you place an order to purchase a product from www.ethicalsuperstore.com , we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we send e-mail confirmation to you that we've dispatched that product to you. That acceptance will be complete at the time we send the dispatch confirmation e-mail to you. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in a dispatch confirmation e-mail to have been dispatched do not form part of that contract.
3.3 Method of payment - For orders placed via the Shop, Ethicalsuperstore.com accepts Visa, Mastercard and bank Maestro cards. Ethicalsuperstore.com does not accept Visa Electron, American Express, Diner's Club, Solo. When making your payment, it is imperative that you provide the information that Ethicalsuperstore.com specify is required, for example, cardholder's name as it is shown on the card and address exactly as it appears on the card statement. Your card will be debited when Ethicalsuperstore.com confirms that it has accepted your order. Ownership or title to the product shall not pass to you, the buyer, until Ethicalsuperstore.com has received payment in full.
3.4 Delivery - Our Guaranteed Courier Delivery service is charged at £3.95 to any UK mainland address (excluding highlands, islands, Northern Ireland and offshore territories). Orders over £50 to mainland UK addresses are currently delivered free of charge. Express delivery to UK addresses costs £7.95 for orders below £50 or £5.95 for orders over £50. These charges cover packing, handling and delivery. Orders are usually responded to within 24 hours, and are normally delivered within 5 working days. Please allow up to 14 days for delivery.
If you choose our Guaranteed Courier Delivery service and you don't receive your order within 8 working days we'll refund you the delivery charge.
If you have not received your goods within the above timeframe, please contact our customer services department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org We can ship most items worldwide. Additional charges will apply for all international shipping. Gift wrapping is charged at the rate of £3.95 per item. For more information on our delivery services click here .
3.5 Out of stocks - If any item you have chosen is unavailable, Ethicalsuperstore.com will contact you via phone or your email address and set out the options that are available to you.
3.6 Return of goods policy - We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchases. Please let us know if you are not entirely satisfied with our products, so that we can remedy the issue. We try to ensure that the products are the same as our original samples, although sometimes differences do occur. Items are described and photographed as accurately as possible, but please note that sizes, colours and designs may vary. If you are not completely satisfied with any item ordered, just return it within 30 days of receipt, please also include your customer advice note so we can identify you and understand your reason for return. When we receive your refunded item(s) we will issue a refund or send you a replacement. Items returned under Ethicalsuperstore.com's policy must be unopened, in a resalable condition, in the original packaging with any barcode tags, seals and shrink-wrap intact.
Please note: we can only accept the return of opened items if they are faulty. We are only able to replace identical products (requests for different sizes acceptable), so if you wish to order additional items it will be treated as a new order.
When you send your item back to us, we'll process the returned item then notify you via e-mail of your refund. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase, please allow up to three weeks of our receiving your return for this to reach you. Some products are shipped direct from our suppliers, in the case of these items, they should be returned directly to the supplier. Please note that the costs for returning non-faulty items to us/our suppliers are not refundable and are done so at your own expense.
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is damaged or defective, we will be happy to refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and we'll reimburse your costs in returning it to us, up to the value of £5.00. In this instance, please obtain proof of postage (a certificate of posting is available free of charge from the Post Office). This should be kept in a safe place in case you need to claim compensation from the carrier. We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for goods in transit from our customers. Where items are sent by Royal Mail’s Special Delivery service, we will only be able to refund you the cost of postage up to the value of £5.00.
Prior to returning items, please contact our Customer Services Department by telephone 0333 400 0464 or email email@example.com to obtain your unique returns reference number and quote this on your returns form. If your product requires to be returned to our suppliers, the return information will be provided at this point.
Returns Exclusions - For reasons of hygiene, safety and copyright, we cannot refund or exchange the following products unless they’re faulty:
• Underwear, hosiery and swimwear unless the item is clearly unopened.
• Hats and hair accessories unless unworn and the tags still in place.
• Pierced earrings and pierced body jewellery.
• Mattresses, quilts, duvets, pillows and bedding unless the original packaging remains undamaged and unopened.
• Cosmetics, toiletries, feminine hygiene products, personal grooming products and towels will only be accepted as returns if they are in a saleable condition with unbroken seals and packaging.
• Reusable alternative menstrual products are non-returnable in any circumstances.
• Food and Beverages, unless they are unopened with any seals and shrink-wrap intact.
The Ethicalsuperstore.com guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
3.7 Cancellation Policy - Please note that you have a legal right to cancel your order within 14 days of the date of receipt of the goods (provided the goods are returned to us new and in an unused condition in the original packaging together with a copy of the receipt. By returning, packing securely and enclosing the advice note and sending it back to Ethicalsuperstore.com, Follingsby Avenue, Follingbsy Park, Gateshead, NE10 8HQ, United Kingdom, a refund will be provided within 30 days of the date of cancellation.
3.8 Legal age - Ethicalsuperstore.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Ethicalsuperstore.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
In accordance with UK law when you place an order for alcoholic beverages with Ethicalsuperstore.com from the Shop you warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
3.9 Vouchers - From time to time, vouchers may be issued for free delivery or for discounts on orders or products. You may only use one voucher per order. Some vouchers may only be used once per customer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about redeeming a voucher code.
3.10 Free gifts -From time to time, free products may be offered with a product or order. These free products are included as part of your order and if any part of the order is returned for a refund we reserve the right to deduct the value of the free gift from your refund if they are not returned too.
- Ethicalsuperstore.com gift vouchers can be used to purchase goods online at Ethicalsuperstore.com or over the phone.
- Gift vouchers expire one year from the date of issuance.
- Ethicalsuperstore.com gift vouchers can only be used once.
- The total value of the gift voucher will be applied against the total order including VAT. If the goods purchased online total less than the value of the gift voucher, the remaining balance cannot be carried over or used on future purchases. If your order exceeds the amount of your gift voucher, you must pay for the balance with an approved credit card, debit card or via Paypal.
- Promotional offers, coupons and discounts may not be applied toward the purchase of an Ethicalsuperstore.com gift voucher.
- When redeeming gift vouchers online or over the phone you will be required to provide the voucher number printed on the gift voucher. You may also be required to provide additional evidence of the voucher itself, which may include you needing to post the voucher to Ethicalsuperstore as part of the redemption process.
- If you have to return goods for credit originally purchased online using gift voucher(s), then in most instances you will receive another voucher code to use on a future purchase.
- The cash value of a gift voucher is 0.001p.
- Gift vouchers cannot be used to purchase other gift vouchers.
- Ethicalsuperstore.com is not responsible for lost or stolen gift vouchers.
- No VAT is charged when buying a gift voucher; however, purchases paid for with a gift voucher will be charged applicable VAT.
IV. Creative Commons Licensing Policy Top Λ
To encourage collaboration and to support its fair trade social and commercial objectives, Ethicalsuperstore.com makes certain content and products on its Sites available under licenses from Creative Commons.
All Shop merchandise rights are reserved by original artists, authors, and creators of products sold in the Shop, unless a product has been indicated otherwise by the presence of a Creative Commons logo and link to the accompanying license.
For Shop merchandise sold under Creative Commons license, underlying works are made available under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license and the DevelopingNations license. Specifically, this means:
You can copy, distribute, display, and perform the work provided you give credit to the original artist
Derivative works (for example: remixes, cover songs, sampling, articles, photo collages) are explicitly allowed, so long as you make the work available under the same Creative Commons licensing terms (i.e., ShareAlike). Some music is accompanied with the "source code" so you can rework and improve it. This includes scores, lyrics, MIDI files, samples and track-by-track audio files.
Non-commercial use of Shop Merchandise under Creative Commons License and its "source code" is free. However, if you make money ("commercial use") with our music, you'll have to "share the wealth" and give us and our artists a share.
Shop Merchandise available under the Developing Nations license can be copied, distributed, displayed, and performed free of charge in developing nations as defined by the United Nations for commercial or non-commercial purposes provided you give credit to the original artist