Ethical Superstore Environmental Policy
Spark Etail trading as Ethical Superstore is a leading online ethical retailer, a wholly owned subsidiary of Spark Response. Ethical Superstore shares its environmental policy with its parent company Spark Response Ltd.
It is the policy of Spark Response Limited to conform to specified standards of quality, reliability and performance and to continually seek to reduce environmental impact by operating to an ISO 14001:2004 accredited Environmental Management System (EMS). The policy embraces the company’s relationship with customers and suppliers, with who processes and procedures will be promoted to be of mutual benefit and promote better environmental practices.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE POLICY
The following objectives are laid down as guidelines for all staff and sub-contractors employed or on company business.
- To comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- To dispose of any waste materials to meet legislative requirement and show concern for the environment.
- To review, audit and act upon environmental reports and draw up improvement plans where problems are identified.
- To raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in environmental matters.
- To reduce pollution, emissions and waste to reduce our carbon footprint.
- To regularly review the policy for its relevance and effectiveness.
ASPECTS AND IMPACTS
- Waste – All waste will be segregated upon disposal and all recyclable waste will be disposed of in a socially responsible fashion.
- Packaging – Ensure that all packaging is disposed of in a socially responsible fashion. And that all packaging suppliers are aware of our environmental policies and support them where possible. All aspects of Spark’s packaging will also be reviewed periodically to ensure any recycled packaging solutions can be utilized where possible.
- Energy Usage – Energy usage will be reviewed on a quarterly basis to ensure usage is kept to a minimum where possible. Tours of the site at frequent intervals will ensure that all heating/air conditioning usage etc. is used appropriately.
Note 1: This policy has been made available to the public by its inclusion on the company website.
Note 2: This policy and our environmental obligations have been communicated to all employees via induction training and/or awareness sessions.
ISO14001:2001 CERTIFICATE NUMBER 32E00270