Love pub quizzes? Did you know Santa’s original suit was green when he was plain old St. Nicholas, and only became red in Coca Cola’s 1950s advertising campaign? Well now it seems Santa’s going back to his roots as a true greenie as he loads his sleigh with organic, fair-trade and environmentally friendly goods.
For the elf in your life…
Whether it’s your dad, uncle, brother or bloke, save yourself the hassle of pounding the high street and order one of these little beauties online:
• If he’s got square eyes, he’ll love the wind up remote control (£19.95) which does away with batteries and uses an eco-friendly wind-up instead. Able to control up to six devices including cable, satellite and DVD players, he’ll never have to leave the comfort of his armchair again
• If he’s one of kind, you can treat him to a Sherman bag by Worn Again (£65). Available in either grey or khaki, the Sherman is a durable messenger bag made from surplus military tents, bicycle inner tubes and disused car seat belts. Definitely for those that like to be different
• If he’s a lover of the outdoors, invest in a tree (£35) which is truly the gift that keeps on giving as he’ll enjoy it every Christmas. Choose between Wild Cherry, Crab Apple, Oak, Norway Spruce, Hazel or the more seasonal Holly
• For stocking fillers, what about a quirky mouse mat for the techies out there? You can choose one made out of old, worn out tyres (£4.25) or recycled circuit board (£6.50) if he’s into his electronics
And for the lovely ladies…
Whether she’s a chocoholic or a petrol head, Ethical Superstore has something for every festive female:
• For those that like to be different, how about the Lace Wallpaper Recycled Car Parts Handbag (£125)? Authentic US license plates are decorated with hundreds of Swarovski crystals for a spark-tacular effect (see what we did there?)
• Trevarno offers a UK-certified organic skincare range entirely free of artificial chemicals. You could play it safe with wonderful Organic Soap Selection Box (£13.95) containing soaps infused with Camomile, Calendula, Rose & Jojoba, Lavender & Geranium Soap and Propolis. If you’ve more cash to splash, treat her to their Luxury Rose Facial Gift Set (£54.99) which comes in a wonderful fair trade sea grass basket and contains the Rose and Jojoba cleanser (100ml), Rosewater and Chamomile Skin Toner (100ml) and Rose and Jojoba Moisturiser (60ml)
• If she’s a chocoholic (and let’s face it, which woman isn’t?) the Divine Heavenly Chocolate Recipes Book (£19.99) is a great accompaniment with over 100 irresistible recipes featuring the good stuff. Each one is guaranteed to delight and satisfy even the most passionate of chocolate enthusiasts
The little people…
Just because they can’t buy us much back, it doesn’t mean we should forget about them. Giving is more important than receiving and all that
• Encourage the little bundles of energy to take some fresh air with the ingenious Recycled Aircraft Tyre Horse Swing (£85). Suitable for over 3’s it comes complete with flowing horse mane and can be used indoors should the British weather be its usual miserable self
• If you’re traditional sort, the Wooden Train (£20) is for you. Made by Traidcraft in Thailand it preserves traditional craft skills. This superb hand-crafted pull-along train is sure to feed the imagination
• Finally, how do we give kids the toys they want without adding to the landfill problem? Buy them a toy from the Ecotronics range of course. Instead of batteries, these toys rely on a simple wind-up action to power them, are made of biodegradable/recyclable packaging and are great for improving hand eye co-ordination and fine motor control. The range includes:
- Mr Robot Head (£15.99) which challenges little ones to move the wand along his antenna from one side to the other without touching the sides. If you do he’ll buzz with disapproval and his eyes will flash
- The Eco Rocket (£19.99) which lights off and soars into space with a simply wind-up. What kid hasn’t dreamt of being a spaceman one day!
- Eco Mic (£12.99) which is great for singalongs, karaoke or speeches as it amplifies the voice. One for all wannabe pop stars!
- The Eco Phone (9.99), Eco Radio (£19.99) and Eco Duck (12.99) are all sure to provide endless entertainment as they stimulate children with lights and sounds
• For stocking fillers, the Penguin Hand-Squeeze Flashlight (£4.95) or Bat Torch (£4.99) are cute, brightly coloured and operated with a simple squeeze. Who knew renewable energy could be so much fun. Each also stands upright to act as a nightlight
• Alternatively, there’s the owl or cat purse (£2.49) which is perfect for the kids to keep their pocket money in. These kooky offerings are handmade from leather with a metal snap closure
Images available on request
• Ethical Superstore is a one stop shop for ethical gifts, eco-friendly gadgets, fairtrade and organic groceries
• With more than 3,500 products just a mouse click away, it is the perfect place for ethical shopping
• From organic wine to Fairtrade coffee, from vegetarian food to cosmetics free from animal cruelty, Ethical superstore offers an amazing range of products that help you to buy what you believe
Wind up remote: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/ez-power/wind-up-remote-control/
Sherman bag by Worn Again: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/worn-again/
Mouse mats: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/remarkable/remarkable-black-green-mouse-mat/
Soap collection: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/trevarno/trevarno-organic-soap-selection-box/
Facial gift set: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/fair-trade-media/treverno-luxury-rose-facial-gift-set/
Divine Chocolate Recipes: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/absolute-press/divine-heavenly-chocolate-recipes/
Horse swing: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/fallen-fruit/recycled-airplane-tire-horse-swing/
Wooden train: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/traidcraft/wooden-train/
Mr Robot head: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/ecotronic/mr-robot-head/
Eco Rocket: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/ecotronic/eco-rocket/
Eco Mic: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/ecotronic/eco-mic/
Eco Phone: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/ecotronic/eco-phone/
Eco Radio: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/ecotronic/eco-radio/
Eco Duck: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/ecotronic/blue-eco-duck/
Cat/Owl purse: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/shared-earth/owl-purse/
Penguin torch: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/powerplus/penguin-wind-up-flashlight/
Bat Torch: http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/ecotronic/bat-torch/
Receive the latest products, offers and news to your Inbox.
Please check your email to confirm your address.
You're already subscribed - try again?
Your own Autumn catalogue, as soon as it's fresh off the press.
We'll send you a shiny new catalogue as soon as we receive them!
© Copyright 2004-2013 Spark Etail Ltd, registered in England & Wales No. 7551349. All rights reserved.
Registered office: Follingsby Avenue, Follingsby Park, Gateshead, NE10 8HQ. For more information see about us or browse our sitemap.