We Have Faith in Nature
Nicola (and Caroline) think it’s worth it!…
Choosing a good shampoo and conditioner is a very personal thing.
Well tamed locks make you feel great, can make the difference between a great night out and a disaster and frankly a bad hair day can be enough to make you want to stay in.
There’s a lot to consider. Fragrance, texture, hair type, cost and packaging all come into play (oh the workings of the female mind).
Over at Daisy Green HQ we’ve known about Faith in Nature for year. The company was formed over 30 years ago by Rivka Rose who was on a mission to create superior natural personal care and beauty products.
Over the years, they’ve honed and developed a wide range of natural shampoos and complementary conditioners – something to suit every hair type.
What we love about them is their strong ethical stance without losing the product’s primary focus, that is, lovely locks.
Their products are manufactured with impeccable thought, the ingredients are as natural and harmless as possible, are never tested on animals, don’t include animal ingredients, packaging can be recycled, the list goes on.
That’s all very well and good, but we all want to know how the products fare – do they actually work and would the testers buy them again?
I tested the Seaweed range and asked Caroline (a fellow Daisy) to have a go with the Pomegranate & Rooibos fragrance and then we swapped.
This is what we thought:
- Fragrance: N: Pleasant, surprising, no seaweed overkill. C: Yummy and not too fruity!
- Packaging: Both: OK. If you make your purchases based on what the bottles look like on the shelf, this may not be pretty enough for you but if like us what’s on the inside is more important than what’s on the outside, you’ll be pleased.
- Ethics: Both: Top notch. Vegan, not tested on animals, made in the UK, no extra nasties and bottles that can be recycled. You’re not going to get much better than this!
- Product: Lathered up well and only needed to use a small amount once. Conditioner was a little on the runny side, but detangled my hair well.
- Result: Both: Soft, clean and manageable hair, no tangles, no static and looked smooth and straight. Really happy with the result. N: Pomegranate & Roobios didn’t really suit my highlighted hair, would definitely stick to the Seaweed range.
- Price: An affordable £5.10 for a 400ml bottle (shampoo or conditioner)
- Rating: Total score for both of us 4/5
- Would we buy again? Certainly.
Faith In Nature products beautiful organic hair and bodycare products. See The Full Faith In Nature Range At EthicalSuperstore.com
Nicola Alexander is the founder of daisygreenmagazine.co.uk and lover of all things ethical.