Ethical Kitchen fair trade triple chocolate crispy cakes
Fun and simply for a Friday treat, try our fair trade triple chocolate crispy cakes, made with… you guessed it, 3 types of delicious fair trade chocolate! This recipe is so so simple, great to make with kids….. oh, and it tastes delicious.
Can you do better? We want your recipes! Send us any recipe you’ve made using ingredients from Ethical Superstore, post them on our facebook wall, and we’ll even add them to a special recipe book we’re making. You might have noticed our recipes so far have all be desserts, well, we kind of have sweet teeth here at Ethical Superstore HQ – so we’d love to see your savoury recipes! Any way, take a look, and dig in!
• 5 Bars Divine Fair trade Milk Chocolate Dubble Bar
• 150g/5oz organic butter, diced, plus extra for greasing
• 100g/3½oz Natures Path Organic Crispy rice ( Gluten Free)
• 1 Bar Divine Fair trade White Chocolate, chopped into chunks for topping
• 75g/3oz Divine Fair trade Milk chocolate
• 3 tbsp Equal Exchange Fair trade organic honey
1. Grease a 20cm/8in square, deep-sided baking tin with organic butter.
2. Rest a large heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water (Ensure the bowl does not touch the water).
3. Add the Divine Milk Chocolate, Divine Dubble Bar and the butter to the bowl and stir until melted, smooth and well combined.
4. Remove the bowl from the heat, add the Crispy rice, and organic honey, and fold until coated in the chocolate mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press down to form an even layer, pushing the mixture into the corners and sides of the tin. Set aside to cool.
6. Cover with small chunks of Divine white chocolate before cake hardens.
7. Chill the triple chocolate crispy cake in the fridge for several hours (overnight) until set, Cut into squares while still in the tin, then remove from the tin, stick them on a plate, and dig in!