Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe – Gluten Free
What a great way to spend a bank holiday, baking a cake – and then eating it! We have a great simple vanilla cake recipe here today, and it’s gluten free too. This recipe is for a single cake.
- Large Eggs – 3 (or use VeganEgg)
- Soft Unsalted Butter / Dairy Free Alternative – 180g
- Water – 200ml
- Delicious Alchemy Vanilla Sponge Mix – 400g
- Two 20cm / 8 inch Round Cake Tins
- Greaseproof Paper
How To Make Your Vanilla Sponge Cake:
- 1: Preheat your oven to 180C/160C if your oven is fan assisted.
- 2: Grease and line the bases of your two cake tins using greaseproof paper.
- 3: To one bowl add your cake mix, your soft butter (or the dairy free option), water and eggs.
- 4: Use an electric whisk for 15 seconds to beat together.
- 5: Stop whisking, scrape down the bowl and continue to mix for 10 more seconds.
- 6: Evenly split the mixture between the two cake tins.
- 7: Bake until the cakes look light golden brown, this may take 20 to 25 minutes.
- 8: Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the tins for at least 5 minutes.
- 9: Remove the cakes from the tins and allow them to completely cool before any decoration is added.
- 10: Decorate and eat!
How did your cake end up? What filling did you chose?
(Original Recipe and Image: Delicious Alchemy website)