Gluten Free Vegetable Lasagne Recipe
Behold, the first lasagne I have ever made! Using gluten free lasagne sheets from La Buona Vita, Suma Organic Chopped Tomatoes, Frozen veg and Dairy Free Cheese Sauce. I don’t mean to blow my own trumpet here, but the lasagne was delicious, I’m quite proud of my attempt. I’m not much a cook so I like to make things as easy as possible, that’s where the frozen veg comes in. I love having a freezer stocked with veg, it just makes it that much quicker to make a delicious meal after work. Of course where possible I’ll go for fresh, organic produce, but for the sake of ease, this time I went with frozen. A gluten free recipe can be an easy substitute, and still delicious.
1 tsp Coconut Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Garlic Clove
1 Bag of frozen Chargrilled Mediterranean Veg
1 tsp Italian Herbs
Pinch of rosemary
2 x 400g Chopped tomatoes
Gluten Free Lasagne Sheets
Free & Easy Dairy Free Cheese Style Sauce
50g Cheddar Cheese (or suitable vegan alternative), grated
50g Mozzarella Cheese (or suitable vegan alternative), sliced
- On a medium heat, fry the onions, garlic and herbs in a large pan in the coconut oil until soft.
- Add the frozen veg to the pan and cook until thawed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil and then simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Dairy Free Cheese Style Sauce as per the instructions. (I added 50g of cheddar cheese to the sauce mix to thicken and give an extra cheesy taste.)
- Once ready, layer the vegetable mix, lasagne sheets and cheese sauce in a suitably size cooking dish, finishing with the cheese sauce on top. Add mozzarella or a vegan alternative to the top.
- Cook at 200 degrees/Gas Mark 6? for 30 minutes.
- Serve with salad and enjoy!
Let us know how your gluten free vegetable lasagne goes!