Divine Chocolate and Pecan Nut Brownie Recipe
Everyone needs comfort food from time to time; this divine recipe is a little treat to brighten up your day. This scrumptious brownie recipe is tasty, rich and moist. They’re great as a snack or dessert, on their own, topped with ice cream, etc, the possibilities are endless! This recipe should make nine big brownies or sixteen smaller brownies.
You Will Need:
- Divine 70% Dark Chocolate (or any other chocolate that takes your fancy, if dark chocolate isn’t your thing) – Broken into little pieces – 350g (12 oz)
- Butter for greasing
- Butter for cooking – 250g (9 oz)
- Dark Muscovado Sugar – 250g (9 oz)
- Three large eggs
- Plain flour – 50g (2 oz)
- Baking powder – 1tsp
- Chopped pecan nuts – 75g (3 oz)
Don’t worry if you don’t have everything, here at Ethical Superstore we have many of the ingredients ready for you to stock up on!
Before you begin:
- Make sure your oven is pre-heated to 170°C / 325°F / Gas Mark 3.
- Use butter to grease a 23cm / 9inch shallow cake tin.
How to make your brownies:
- Step One: Add the butter and chocolate to a pan and gently heat, using a wooden spoon stir until melted.
- Step Two: Remove from heat, cool a few minutes.
- Step Three: While the above mixture is cooling, put the sugar and eggs in a large bowl and whisk. Use a hand-held electric mixer and keep whisking until shiny and light. This should take approximately five minutes.
- Step Four: Add the first chocolate mixture to the whisked mixture; tenderly stir in the chocolate mixture using a large metal spoon.
- Step Five: Sieve in the baking powder and flour; fold in alongside the chopped pecan nuts.
- Step Six: Have a tin ready and pour the mixture into the tin. Then bake for 40 to 45 minutes until its firm.
- Step Seven: Place a fine skewer into the middle of the cake, you should see a few crumbs sticking to the skewer. This is to test if the cake is cooked or not.
- Step Eight: Put the tin containing the cake on a wire rack to cool for about an hour then cut into squares. Remove from tin and allow the individual brownies to fully cool on the rack.
- Step Nine: Enjoy your tasty treats!
Have you tried this recipe before? If not, give it a go and let us know what you think!
(Original Recipe: Created by Sue Ashworth for the Divine Blog)