Valentine’s Day Vegan Cupcakes
What better way to show you care than to whip up some delicious, vegan friendly cupcakes? This tasty recipe just goes to show that you don’t need eggs or milk to enjoy your favourite tea-time snack!
- Organic Cider vinegar 1 tbspn (15ml)
- Organic Soya milk – 350ml
- Organic Self raising flour – 345g
- Organic Baking powder – 2 tspns (10g)
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspn (2.3g)
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon (3g)
- Fairtrade sugar – 200g
- Organic, Fairtrade Olive Oil – (120ml)
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspn (5ml)
- Fairtrade cocoa powder – 90g (optional)
- Icing of your choice
Place the cider vinegar into a small bowl, add the soya milk and stir well.
In a seperate bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. If you want to make chocolate cupcakes, add your Fairtrade cocoa powder now.
Stir the oil and vanilla extract into the bowl containing the soya milk and vinegar, and then combine the wet and dry ingredients. Beat together until smooth, and then spoon the mixture into cake cases.
Once your cupcakes have cooled, why not ice & decorate them to give that extra Valentine’s Day twist?
Valentine’s Cupcake photo via Flickr: Smittenkittenorig