Ready for Veganuary? Go vegan this January for health, planet and animals
Have you seen people talking about #Veganuary and wondered what on earth they’re signing up to? Are you interested in kickstarting a healthy diet, exploring a vegan diet or just making less of an impact on our planet? Then you could give the Veganuary challenge a go – simply undertake a vegan diet for the month of January, with thousands of others for support.
We have over 1,600 products at Ethical Superstore suitable for vegans, including a fantastic range of vegan-friendly sweets and chocolate. If you want to look at your whole lifestyle there’s also brilliant cruelty-free clothing and accessories you’re sure to love.
Other people might mistake vegan and vegetarian diets, or even pescetarian. It can be confusing for some, but here are a few tips.
- Vegans don’t eat any products from animals – that includes honey, dairy (including butter, yoghurt and milk) or eggs.
- Vegan and vegetarian is two different things – vegetarians usually eat dairy, milk and eggs (but do not eat fish – that’s a pescetarian)
- Loads of vegan alternatives are available such as soy and nut milks, vegan cheeses, vegan butter and yoghurt alternatives, and many more!
- Lots of what you already eat is already suitable for vegans, so you’re already on the way.
- Vitamin B12 is regularly added to fortified foods, and natural supplements are easily available – Terranova is one of our favourites.
The Vegan Society has a ton of resources and works to certify products so you know exactly what’s in your food or skincare.
We’ve had a couple of brilliant vegan-friendly restaurants pop up in the North East this year, let us know where else you love to eat vegan style or products that you love too.